Position Title: Supervisor, Electro-Mechanical Assemblies
Reports To: Manager, Production Operations
Looking for that important next step in your career?
Then join the leading supplier of merchandising equipment, impact protection products and modular wiring systems to the retail industry with metal components manufacturing operations in Medford, MA.
We are looking for an experienced, well-rounded professional with a strong background working in a Manufacturing environment. In this role, you will supervise a team of manufacturing technicians for our electro-mechanical assembly product lines.
- Supervision of multiple assembly technicians assigned within department.
- Actively participate in daily assembly and production efforts.
- Review, coordinate, plan and execute assigned daily work orders with assembly team.
- Follow operational procedures for meeting time standards, safety and quality.
- Maintain employee attendance and performance records.
- Coordinate and maintain safety agency records for ongoing audits and submittals.
- Identify areas of continuous improvement to shorten production cycles eliminating waste and inefficiencies without sacrificing product quality.
- Participate in daily production meetings with full Operations team for daily planning and capacity reviews for shop loadings.
- Institute lean manufacturing techniques where appropriate.
Basic Requirements for the position will be:
- Minimum of 5 years in a supervisory role in a manufacturing environment with electro-mechanical components and assemblies. Metal products manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience with “Make to order” and “build to order” manufacturing environment.
- Experience in use of ERP information systems for routings, BOM’s and work orders.
- Experience implementing Lean Manufacturing or single piece (continuous) flow with 5s experience, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of safety agency requirements including but not limited to UL.
- Basic understanding of electrical wiring and termination methods.
- Ability to read and understand product engineering drawings and specifications.
- Solid understanding of and practical experience with the tools of MRPII and ERP.
- Knowledge of and fluency using MS Office.
- Ability to support a flexible schedule (overtime) as needed and required.
- Excellent people management and communication skills.