Position Title: Supervisor, Packaging Department
Reports To: Manager, Production Operations
We are looking for an experienced, well-rounded professional with a strong background leading our packaging department. In this role, you will supervise a team of packaging technicians ensuring on time work order completion and scheduling.
- Creating outer shipping packaging solutions for assemblies and parts per work order.
- Coordinate and manage packaging team members toward daily work order schedules.
- Reading and following all product documentation required for packaging requirements.
- Follow operational procedures for meeting time standards, safety and quality.
- Maintain employee attendance and performance records.
- Participate in and coordinate annual management reviews of staff.
- Coordinate and maintain all packaging equipment maintenance.
- Identify areas of continuous improvement to shorten production cycles eliminating waste and inefficiencies without sacrificing product quality.
- Participate in daily production meetings with full Operations team for daily planning and capacity reviews for shop loadings.
- Institute lean manufacturing techniques where appropriate.
Basic Requirements for the position will be:
- Minimum of 2-5 years in a supervisory role in a manufacturing environment managing creation of product outer packaging for shipments.
- Experience in use of ERP information systems for routings, BOM’s and work orders.
- Experience implementing Lean Manufacturing or single piece (continuous) flow with 5s experience, or equivalent.
- Ability to read and understand product engineering drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of and fluency using MS Office.
- Ability to support a flexible schedule (overtime) as needed and required.
- Excellent people management and communication skills.
- Team player.
- Ability and willingness to grow the team.
- Must be approved for legally working within the USA.